Thursday, July 9, 2009

Brothers All-Natural Crisps


Everyone knows the old saying about an apple a day, but the truth is that most Americans don't get the servings of fruits and vegetables that they should. With these crisps, no one has an excuse not to! For starters, they're delicious, enough said, but they're also made with 100% all-natural fruits and potatoes and are just freeze dried with no added sugar or preservatives. The fruit crisps come in 7 different flavors with the following info:

Fuji Apple: 1 1/2 apples per 39 calorie bag
Asian Pear: 1 1/2 pears per 40 calorie bag
Strawberry-Banana: 1 banana and 4 strawberries per 45 calorie bag
White & Yellow Peach: 1 1/2 peaches per 39 calorie bag
Pineapple: 40% of a pineapple per 60 calorie bag
Strawberry: 8-12 strawberries per 30 calorie bag
Banana: 1 1/2 bananas per 66 calorie bag

But Brothers All-Natural doesn't stop there! They've come out with potato crisps as well, which are just like potato chips except at a much lower calorie count of 45 per bag! These come in four flavors, Original with Sea Salt, Black Pepper & Sea Salt, Fresh Onion & Garlic, and Szechuan Pepper & Fresh Chives. I've only had the original so far, but it tastes just like a chip. I can't wait to try the other flavors.

Besides the regular fruit and potato crisps, Brothers All-Natural has a partnership with Disney for Disney character fruit crisps. I haven't seen these anywhere, but I'll keep an eye out for them. They come in Mickey Mouse Apple, Donald Duck Pear, Pluto Peach, and Goofy Strawberry-Banana. I don't know how they're any different from the other fruit crisps, but they're Disney, so they've got to be awesome.

Batavia-based Brothers-All-Natural launched its freeze-dried Fruit Crisps in 2006 after four years of experimentation.

Where can you get these yummy snacks? I got them at Costco, but you can get them at any of the following locations:

https://www.brothersallnatural.com/content/StoreFinder.htm

Price: Varies at all locations
Calories: 30-66 depending on flavor

7 comments:

  1. yummy. i love freeze dried fruit but find it a bit expensive. is this stuff affordable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very affordable at my Costco. I think around $11 or $12 for a variety box of 24 flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've seen these before at an airport and they really saved the day as far as healthy snacks go! I didn't realize there were so many varieties though. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOund great for add ins to homemade trail mix and on top of cereal. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the comment!
    So nice to hear you like my blog!
    Yours looks great too, I may have to add you to my blogroll :)

    The reason I have to take a term off is that my weight is still considered to be too low for it to be safe for me to go back to school alone. So I have to take this term to get my weight up to a healthy BMI, and make sure I am able to maintain healthy eating and exercise habits on my own at home, before I can do it at school.
    Thanks for the question!!

    Have a great day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete