Sunday, August 2, 2009

GG Scandinavian Bran Crispbread

These are officially one of my new favorite snacks! This bran crispbread is super high in fiber, and actually tastes great, in my opinion. Most people will find this cracker too dry, but I love to eat it plain. If you're one of the people who finds it dry, you can always top it like in the picture to the left. They're great with fresh fruit, cream cheese, fruit spreads, jams, jellies, peanut butter, you name it. The cracker is sturdy enough to hold anything you might want to put on it, so get creative! Deli meat could go between two crackers and make a nice, crunchy sandwich. Any other ideas?

These crispbreads are really filling because bran contains so much fiber. They are 85% unprocessed wheat bran, the only bread product to contain this amount. The crispbread will keep you full by absorbing moisture and satisfying your appetite. They are the lowest in calories and net carbs than any other bread product out there! The magic calorie number? 12 per slice! And, for your carb counters, there are only 7 carbs, and 5 of those come from dietary fiber, so only 2 net carbs. Dieticians and nutritionists recommend these products to patients, but anyone and everyone can eat them.

I love these crackers because they're so low calorie and filling, but they have many other health benefits. Best of all, they actually keep me full! The bran takes a while to chew, so each 12 calorie crispbread lasts. Beat that, Wasa!

Price: $2.99 per package at Whole Foods
Calories: 12 per crispbread

Here's a few giveaways for you guys! Guess what? I was a runner up for Mom on the Run's Zevia giveaway! Yay!

17 comments:

  1. The crackers sound great! I have to look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great product! I think i've had other "bread" from that company, ones that aren't as low in calories, but those look great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I've been using these for the last 5-6 years and as you can see from my blog, I put them in everything. Fantastic with sugar free syrups (let the liquid absorb) and you can microwave them too. They're like a sponge. I make pie crusts from them, toppings, chicken breading, crumble them up and eat them like cereal. I even put them in pudding, protein, ice cream and bake mixes. Wait until you try their new SPRINKLES (I have pictures on my blog). I make little smores or cakes with them as well, ice cream sandwiches etc.
    I literally have a pack or so a day. Instead of cereal, in my hot cereal, and especially thickly crumbled on top of my protein ice cream!
    http://protein-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious! I can just imagine all the yummy topping to put on these. I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for them next time I shop!

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen that bread but it sounds really good :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried those before, but looks great.
    More ideas: Ricotta cheese, fresh figs, and honey. Or pumpkin spread, walnuts, goat cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow these look perfect for me! I am always looking for a little crunch, but trying to avoid the cals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shoutout! Those look great! I am going to search for them now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh what a great product review!! 12 calories per slice is awesome, and filling too?? Unfortunately I'm one of those people who can't stop at a few when it comes to crackers...so i might have to stay away from these to prevent too many tragic overdoses. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those bran crisp breads! My favourite way to eat them is topped with jam.

    I just checked the label on the rainbow goldfish and it looks as though they still use food colouring. :( Thankfully I usually buy the plain ones for the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sounds great. Thanks for the review. I will have to check them out the next time I'm over at Whole Foods!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummy! i love crisp breads!!!! those look soo good! :) thakns for the review!!

    that is so cool you are 1/2 chinese and 1/2 irish!! what an awesome combination!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. they look so yummy! im defo gonna pick some up in my local health store after hearing your thoughts on them :)
    enjoy your weekend hun!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this stuff too! Thanks for the shoutout.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey cool blog! i have never had crispbreads- but thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where do you purchase the crispbreads in La Habra area?

    ReplyDelete